(Attention all artists in Florida–I'd love it if you'd carry this info on your blog. Email me if you'd like a clean copy or the extended press release in plain text.)
I'm flying in from Colorado next week to share self-promotion secrets with artists in Central Florida.
Artists should make plans to attend the Shameless Self-Promotion for Artists workshop on March 25 from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the Art Center Manatee in Bradenton. If you roll out of bed early that Sunday, you’ll learn:
- Nine things every artist needs for promoting their work.
- Why the process of writing your artist statement is critical to your marketing (and how to make it pain-free).
- How to build a network of people who are essential to your success.
- Creative ideas for marketing your art.
- What promotional materials you’ll need and the rules to follow when creating them.
The workshop is $75 and includes lunch. Get registration details on the Art Center Manatee website or by calling 941-746-2862. (I'm not taking registrations.)