Want to make your gallery even happier that they're doing business with you?
Send them business!
- Add a link to the gallery on your website “Galleries” page to your website or to your blog sidebar
- Extend personal invitations to your list – not just for the opening, but for the run of the exhibit. This means postcards, emails, reminders, and phone calls with a personal touch.
- Participate – with great pleasure – in any other events the gallery wants to host: gallery talks, demonstrations, or VIP parties.
- Post the exhibit and any related events on Facebook. Tag the gallery's Facebook page in your post.
- Tweet about it at least once a day on Twitter. Don't forget to add the gallery's @name to your tweet so the gallery sees your post.
- Make a video at the opening (or get someone else to do this) that you post on YouTube within a couple of days.
Don't rely on a gallery or other venue to promote the event up to your standards. You have to drive traffic constantly.