|I'm thrilled that you have agreed to be my guest and share your story with other artists!
Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions that aren't addressed here.
Looking forward to talking!
Zoom channel for recording <Click at time of session
On the The Art Biz, I interview artists who are committed to a studio practice and business, and who have a business lesson to share with listeners.
The focus of your episode is discussed with you ahead of time. Recording dates and times are available at your convenience.
I record the intro and outro later, so you will just focus on the interview.
There's no need to prepare talking points! You'll receive a set of questions that I am considering, so do be sure to look those over and let me know if you're uncomfortable with anything or if I missed something. You are the expert on your life and art business. I trust you or you wouldn't have reached this page.
You and I are just having a conversation (that we hope a lot of people listen to). At the same time, you should come prepared to say more than you normally would on your topic. When I ask a question, I encourage you to talk for as long as you like without my having to ask “Is that all you wanted to say on that topic?” which can be awkward! You'll be able to tell from my cues when it's time to move on.
Please listen to a couple of other episodes so you know the podcast style and format.
Your Checklist for the Best Sound Quality
You will be recording from your computer via Zoom video streaming, although the audio is the only part used.
- Find a quiet place that’s far away from Fido’s barking.
- For the best quality recording, restart your computer and close out any windows and programs you’re not using for the call. If you can, plug in to an ethernet, or at least make sure you have great wifi.
- Mute notifications on your computer. Every pop-up will be recorded and is distracting.
- Set your phone to Do Not Disturb.
- Remove jewelry that might be picked up by your microphone.
- If you have them, please have earbuds or a headset nearby. Sometimes they’re needed for a better recording. I will do a sound test before beginning.
A few of other notes about our listeners.
- They are all over the world. Don’t assume that people know where a location is. If you forget, I will jump in and add to what you said, so not a huge worry, but important to be cognizant of.
- They are visual artists of every sort! Painters, photographers, weavers, sculptors, ceramists, beginners, established, …
- We try to make this as “evergreen” as possible so that it means the same thing in 2 years as it does now. I will insert any clarifications during the convo if needed.
All podcast episodes are posted here.
They are also sent to all Art Biz Success email subscribers.
I'd love it if you could share our posts or create your own. But only if it's right for you.
We will provide you with graphics that make this easy.
Please Upload Images
Please provide the following photos using the form provided at least 1 week prior to the episode going live. They need to be at least 1400 pixels wide — could be something previously posted to social media. It's also extremely helpful if at least one of the photos is a strong horizontal that we can use as the feature image at the top of the blog.
For ideas, see how we use images on any of the podcast posts.
- You (could be working in studio)
- You headshot for promotional graphics like the one shown here ->
- An artwork to feature with complete credit line: ©date if used, Title, medium, size (h x w x d)
- Something else (something related to the topic, studio shot, you teaching/speaking, using a fav tool, etc.)
- Bonus: Video!