Missy Graff Ballone, artist and founder of Wellness for Makers, joins the show to discuss the importance of taking care of your most precious asset for making art: your body.
She shares her own background as an artist, massage therapist and yoga instructor, and why she saw a need to provide resources that help artists take care of their bodies so they can make more art, and in turn, run their businesses. She also provides tools artists can use to get started in their new journey towards better health.
In this interview, you will hear Missy talk about:
- How she blended her background as an artist, massage therapist, and yoga instructor to motivate and empower artists through education, mindful living, and movement.
- Why she felt it important to teach artists accessible self-care to improve the longevity of their bodies, and ultimately their careers.
- How it’s never too late to invest in yourself and focus on the key assets—your body and health!
- The importance of creating extra variety in your movements in the studio.
- How we can become more consciously aware of the patterns we create within our bodies, and the most common ailments artists typically endure.
- Some gentle techniques and tools that she finds important and effective.
- The theme of resilience and how it relates to wellness for artists.