Let's say you've wrapped up one task, but there's still a few minutes before your appointment. You could twiddle your thumbs, but you're not going to do that.
Imagine how productive you could be in just 5 minutes.
Inspired by a recent book-marketing newsletter from John Kremer, I decided to come up with a list of what you can do in 5 minutes to promote your art.
Help me, will ya? I'll start us off.
In 5 minutes, you could:
- Send or schedule 5-10 tweets on Twitter
- Update your status on Facebook
- Write a Thank You note
- Address and stamp 3 postcards
- Clean off your desk
- Comment on a blog
- Decide to do the hard work
- Comment on someone else's Facebook status
- Add 3 names to your contact list database
- Return a phone call
- Brainstorm a list of blog post ideas
- Send an email to someone you've been thinking about “just because”
- Meditate on the vision you have for your career
- Review your marketing plan
- Sign up for a class or workshop
- Brainstorm a list of venues where you can exhibit your art
- Read a great post from Copyblogger
Your turn. What else can you do with a 5-minute block of time?