Are your days filled with meaningless tasks that leave no room for work that could define your life and career for the best?
Stop Going Through the Motions
Does this sound like your day? You have many responsibilities: driving kids around, making meals, doing laundry, and perhaps a day job.
Or maybe your life is built around interruptions: you respond to email as it comes in, or you drop everything because your child forgot to tell you about something he needed for school.
Many of these chores are out of your control.
Then there are the tasks you wiggle into the small pockets of time you discover: updating Facebook, answering email, or writing a blog post.
I’m getting sleepy just thinking about this. There’s no excitement here! You’re just going through the motions. You’re getting stuff done, but is it the right stuff?
Why You Need to Think Big
When you’re just going through the motions, there’s nothing to look forward to. There’s little reason for a skip in your step or a smile on your lips.
You could spend the next six months working your daily grind or you could shape your future.
You could play it safe or you could challenge yourself and grow as a person and an artist.
You need the motivation that comes with dedicating yourself to a significant project.
Find Your Big Project
Don’t wait for your big project to find you. Make plans now. Take charge!
What’s it going to be?
- Rent a vacant storefront for an exhibition around the holidays.
- Collaborate with two other artists on an open studio event.
- Buy art material that requires you to make larger work.
- Announce that you will have an e-book on X topic for sale in 5 months. Start writing it!
- Use crowdfunding at Kickstarter or IndieGoGo to gather support.
- Lead an art tour of Italy.
What will make you excited to get up in the morning?