Today, February 3, is my birthday and I hope you'll celebrate with me.
It would be meaningful to know that you had a really good day on February 3. So I outlined 8 (my favorite number) things that I thought would make for a next-to-perfect day.
My Birthday Challenge
Just for this one day, could you please do the following? I estimate everything except #1 will take less than an hour (though you could spend longer on #6 – up to you).
- Spend time making art – whatever your art is and whatever it needs from you today.
- Smile to yourself at least five times.
- Tell 1 person you love them.
- Tell 1 person – via phone, email, or social media – that you appreciate them.
- Write in your journal or on your blog about 5 things you are grateful for.
- Splurge in some way on yourself (take a bubble bath, get a manicure, buy a new art supply, take a walk, have a piece of cake).
- Listen to your favorite music. *Bonus points if you dance!
- Donate $5, $10, $25 or more to a deserving cause. I'll be donating to the Craft Emergency Relief Fund (CERF+), which provides assistance for artists in need all over the country. You can donate to CERF+ here.
I'd Love To Send You This Gift
If you do these TODAY, leave a comment here in the next 24 hours and share the details of what you've done. I have to be able to see that you've done all of them.
I'll pick a winner to receive an Art Biz Coach goodie bag – shipped anywhere in the world. Includes:
- Hard copy of my book, I'd Rather Be in the Studio
- 5 CDs: Pricing Your Art, Go Pro, Website Makeover, Your Artist Talk, and Promote Your Art Through Video
- E-book on CD: The Relatively Pain-Free Artist Statement
Value = $234
Picking the winner is my sole discretion. It might be based on what I hear from you or, if all is equal, I'll pull a name out of the birthday cake.
UPDATE: We have a winner! Selected from a pile of names on paper dropped to the floor (blindly): Denise Newberry of Cabin Press Studio. Congratulations, Denise!
PS: Even if you don't get all of them, done, at least do a few and tell me about them. I hope they make you feel good.