There is no end to requests for donations of your artwork, so you need to figure out how to handle them.
I suggest setting limits – now!
This advice isn’t for artists who are joyfully supporting multiple causes with gifts of their art.
It’s for artists who are searching for a response to relentless donation requests – often for charitable auctions.
- Set limits on the causes you donate to.
- Set limits on the monetary value you donate.
- Set limits on the type of art or medium you donate.
- Set limits for organizations that don't give you a complimentary invitation.
- Set limits on how art is publicized and displayed.
- Set limits on bidding.
What are your donating limits?