A commandment commands recipients to take a certain action.
- Come to
- Drop by
- Do this
- Do that
- The show opens Friday and runs through December 16.
- The sale starts at 9 a.m. on Black Friday.
Sometimes announcements are all that is needed – there's nothing to invite people to. Yet many people announce and forget to invite!
An invitation invites recipients to an event and encourages their attendance.
- I hope you will come . . .
- It would be lovely to see you at . . .
- It won't be much fun if you're not there.
- Please drop by if you can . . .
If you want people to show up, let them know you value their attendance.
Invite, don't command.
Are you announcing, inviting, or commanding?