You must make time for marketing. You must become more deliberate with your marketing.
I know what I'm talking about. For some time now, my marketing has been on autopilot. I've been promoting event to event and relying a lot on word of mouth.
I've been lucky that it has worked out as well as it has.
But it's time to change things up and become more strategic in my marketing.
I have services, products, and programs that can help a lot of artists if only they knew about them. I am no longer going to be waiting around for artists to add themselves to my list.
I see that proactive marketing will attract more of the right clients for what I have to offer.
Proactive Marketing for You
Proactive marketing means becoming more deliberate.
- Deliberate about where you put your energy.
- Deliberate about how you use your human and financial resources.
- Deliberate about how you spend that marketing time.
- Deliberate about whom you are marketing to.
- Deliberate about the message you are sending. Are you slapping things together or making a concerted effort that might produce excellent results?
How can you be more proactive with your marketing?
Who can you call today that you need to stay in touch with (or get in touch with)?
Who is long overdue for a follow-up letter, call, or email?
What events or exhibitions can you initiate?