Catherine Foster's recent email caught my eye. The entire message — without her address and signature block — is included here.
Dear All, I am updating my list for my newsletter Catherine Foster Art Studio. At one time we were connected through email contacts, organizations that we both belonged to etc. Please please if you do not wish to be on my list unsubscribe below. I so appreciate your help in getting my list cleaned up. Thank you, Catherine Foster
To unsubscribe click here.
I like it because:
- It's short and easy to scan.
- It's sincere. She's not trying to sell me on anything.
- She says that there was a connection at some point, but subtly admits that the connection might be weaker now.
- She provides a link that automatically takes you off her list without your having to ask her awkwardly to remove her name.
- She thanks you for your help in getting her list cleaned up. She's not aiming for quantity, she wants quality. She wants the people who really want to be on the list to hear from her.
Of course, it's much easier to see this when it's not your own email.
What are some ideas you have for cleaning up a mailing list or moving your list to a new system?