If you set your art prices ahead of time and know why they are where they are, you should be confident in standing firmly behind them. (Download my guide, How to Price Your Art.)
If you haven’t done this already, take time to make up a chart for your prices:
- Artworks based on size.
- Artworks based on material (for instance, they go up when bronze, precious gems, or gold leaf are added).
- Artworks based on sentimental value to you.
- Workshops / teaching based on time spent with students.
- Workshops / teaching based on travel required.
- Lectures and demonstrations based on preparation time and travel required.
- Licensed use of your images.
Write this down! Keep it in a file on your computer that you can find easily. Print it out and keep it on your bulletin board. Memorize it. These are your prices. Stand firm.