Continuing the theme of tasks you can accomplish in a short period of time, here's my list for artists.
- Recycle, donate, or throw away 15 things.
- Delete files on your computer you no longer need.
- Post a blog entry.
- Respond to comments on your blog.
- Send a birthday card to someone who isn't expecting it. It doesn't even have to be their birthday!
- Write out your goals.
- Set your plan of action for tomorrow.
- Clean your inbox. Be ruthless. See how Lisa Call organizes her email.
- Update your email signature.
- Write a fan letter to your favorite artist or art world persona.
- Comment on someone else's blog.
- Follow up with someone who has purchased your art or has expressed interest.
- Clean a paper file.
- Flip through an old sketchbook or idea file.
If there are any of these you're putting off, set your timer for 7 minutes and just do it.